Virtualization and storage are two cornerstones of modern IT infrastructure, and VMware has been at the forefront of both fields for years. VMware’s vSAN, or Virtual Storage Area Network, is a software-defined storage solution that has revolutionized the way organizations handle storage in virtualized environments. To gain a deeper understanding of this powerful technology, Duncan Epping and Cormac Hogen’s book, “VMware vSAN Deep Dive,” serves as an invaluable resource.
The book offers expert insight into preparation, installation, configuration, policies, provisioning, clusters, architecture, and more. You’ll also find practical guidance for using all data services (including vSAN File Service), stretched clusters, two-node configurations, and cloud-native storage services.
About the Book
“VMware vSAN Deep Dive” takes an extensive look at vSAN, an innovative storage solution that abstracts and pools disks to create a highly flexible and scalable storage environment. The book serves as a comprehensive guide, offering an in-depth exploration of vSAN’s architecture, capabilities, and practical implementation. It is an ideal resource for IT professionals, administrators, and anyone seeking to master the intricacies of vSAN.
About the Auther
Duncan Epping and Cormac Hogen are renowned figures in the world of virtualization and storage. Both experts have extensive experience with VMware technologies and have contributed significantly to the VMware community. Duncan Epping is a Principal Chief Technologist at VMware, known for his influential blog, “Yellow-Bricks,” which provides in-depth insights into various aspects of VMware technologies. Cormac Hogen, a Senior Staff Engineer at VMware, earns recognition for his blog, “CormacHogan.com,” and his expertise in storage and virtualization. With their combined experience and knowledge, they bring a wealth of expertise to the “VMware vSAN Deep Dive.”
Key topics covered
- vSAN Fundamentals: The book begins with a solid foundation, explaining the fundamentals of vSAN, its components, and how it fits into the VMware ecosystem.
- Architecture and Design: Duncan Epping and Cormac Hogen provide a deep dive into vSAN’s architecture, detailing its components, such as disk groups, caching, and storage policies.
- Implementation and Configuration: Readers gain insights into deploying and configuring vSAN, including considerations for capacity and performance.
- Management and Monitoring: The authors share best practices for managing vSAN clusters and offer advice on monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Advanced Topics: The book delves into advanced vSAN features, such as stretched clusters, security, encryption, and performance optimization.
- Use Cases: Real-world scenarios and use cases are explored, demonstrating how vSAN can be employed in different environments and situations.
Download Link. VSAN