Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) targets IT professionals new to Linux system administration. It imparts core administration skills, introduces command-line concepts, and enterprise tools as a foundation for future Linux system administrators.
Red Hat designed this course with the intention of providing value to our customers, yet recognizing the uniqueness of each company and infrastructure, actual outcomes and advantages can differ. This course is the first of a two-course series that takes a computer professional without Linux system administration knowledge to become a fully capable Linux administrator.
Course content summary
- Introduce Linux and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux ecosystem.
- Run commands and view shell environments.
- Manage, organize, and secure files.
- Manage users, groups and user security policies.
- Control and monitor systemd services.
- Configure remote access using the web console and SSH.
- Configure network interfaces and settings.
- Manage software using DNF.